These are the terms and conditions that apply when you reserve a room at Hotel Riviera By the Sea using any method of booking. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and you should, therefore, check them each time you make a reservation. The terms and conditions applying to your booking may also depend on the type of booking, for example, Group Bookings. Additional terms and conditions may apply if you book on a digital channel whether or not you make a reservation through them. These will be published on the relevant digital channel.
To reserve a room please follow the instructions on the website that you are using or telephone the hotel directly. You must be 18 years old or over to make a reservation. You will need to pay a deposit to make a reservation, which is non-refundable. If you are booking on the website you will need to make payment using a debit or credit card. Hotel Riviera By the Sea accepts Visa and MasterCard.
Please check that the details or your reservation are complete and accurate before you confirm your reservation. We will not be liable for any delay or non-performance if you provide us with incorrect information.
We will confirm our acceptance of your reservation by sending you an email or letter to the address provided during the reservation process. A deposit should be paid at the time of making a reservation. Please note that deposits are non refundable and the contract between any additional services and us for the provision of your room will be formed once we have receive and accepted your deposit.
If you think there is a mistake in your reservation, please contact the hotel at your earliest opportunity.
Hotel Riviera By the Sea considers a reservation of 5 rooms or more to be a group booking. We require the following payment terms for all group bookings:
- Group Booking of 5 to 9 rooms, 50% of the total cost is required as a non refundable deposit – balance on arrival. Payment to be made by your Group Organiser.
- Group Booking of 10 or more rooms, 50% of the total cost required as a non refundable deposit – with the balance (non refundable) due 14 days prior to arrival. Payment to be made by your Group Organiser.
Special generous discounts are offered to Groups, please contact us on 01202 552 845 to discuss your requirements.
We do not accept bookings for Hen or Stag groups.
Hotel Riviera By the Sea adopts dynamic pricing and the price of accommodation may fluctuate based on demand. When you make a reservation request, we will give you the total price for the rooms and the number of nights you have requested, together with the date of your stay, departure and details of meals included if applicable. Price given includes VAT applicable at the date of your reservation.
Prices are per person, per night and are inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate at the time of your reservation. If the rate of VAT changed between the date of reservation and the date of your stay, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay.
The maximum room occupancy is one person for single rooms, 2 persons for double or twin rooms, family rooms can accommodate 3 or 4 persons depending on the room. You must not exceed the maximum occupancy for the room allocated to you. There is no price reduction for a single occupant in a double occupancy room. Please note that family rooms are not equipped with cots.
Although Hotel Riviera By the Sea will try to accommodate special requests, all rooms are subject to availability. Please advice reception before booking if you have limited mobility to ensure that this Victorian building matches your needs.
Paying for your room
If you have not paid for your room in full at the time you make your reservation, you will need to pay on arrival.
Payment can be made by credit/ debit card (Visa, MasterCard) the expiry date of your debit/ credit card must be later that the end of your stay.
In making a confirmed reservation, you accept that you are entering into a contract and that we reserve the right to charge up to 100% of the total cost of the booking if less than 28 days notice to cancel is received. We highly recommend that you take out your own personal holiday insurance, as we cannot make exception for illness or other unforeseen circumstance.
Arrival and Departure
Rooms are available from 2pm on the arrival date. Please let us know if you are likely to arrive after 5pm because reception may not be covered after this time.
Guests may be asked to provide proof of identity upon check-in. Acceptable forms of identification is: a passport, driving license, ID card or police warrant card.
Rooms must be vacated by 10:30am on the day of departure. Failure to leave your room by this time may result in a later check-out charge.
Hotel Riviera By the Sea, expectations of you (and your group)
You must not:
- Smoke anywhere inside Hotel Riviera By the Sea premises. This includes the smoking of e-cigarettes. Permitted smoking areas will be identified on site. Smoking on the Hotel Riviera By the Sea premises outside of the designated smoking area will result in a £100 fine.
- Bring any potentially dangerous or hazardous materials or equipment into Hotel Riviera By the Sea premises.
- Use electrical appliances that may set off the fire alarm system, such as toasters, mini cookers or portable grills.
- Tamper with any fire alarms or emergency equipment.
- Remove, damage or destroy any Hotel Riviera By the Sea property.
- Use of any of the technology provided by Hotel Riviera By the Sea to download or success in any unlawful or obscene material.
- Cause unreasonable disturbance to our other guests or any Hotel Riviera By the Sea staff.
- If you or your group cause any damage or loss of any kind to the hotel, other guests or their property, you (as the person making the booking) will be responsible for that damage or loss and you shall be liable to pay to Hotel Riviera By the Sea on demand the amount required to make good or remedy such loss or damage. You and the members of your group must not resell or transfer your reservation (or any part of it) nor advertise, market or otherwise offer any Hotel Riviera By the Sea room for sale either on its own or part of a combined offer. Hotel Riviera By the Sea will not honour any reservations made in this way and do not accept liability for doing so. If you are a Tour Operator and wish to book rooms at Hotel Riviera By the Sea, you should contact: email@example.com
- If you or your group causes damage to the hotel, other guest or their property, or otherwise breach any of these terms and conditions, Hotel Riviera By the Sea reserves the rights to:
- Cancel your reservation with immediate effect and (if appropriate) eject you from Hotel Riviera By the Sea premises.
- Retain all sums paid by you and/or charge you the full amount of your reservation.
- Refuse future reservations from you and/or refuse you entry or accommodation.
- Hotel Riviera By the Sea swill not be liable for any refund or compensation in such circumstances.
This contract is formed when deposits have been cleared and we confirm your reservation.
Where we are liable to you (save as prohibited by applicable law) our maximum liability to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty we shall in no event exceed the price of your reservation unless the Hotel Proprietor’s Act 1956 applies, in which case our liability will be limited to the maximum prescribed under that Act.
If you require further information or have any question regarding our website or these terms and conditions, then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on: 01202 552 845 or write to us at:
Hotel Riviera By the Sea
5 West Cliff Gardens